Sunday, January 8, 2012

My first 2012 ride.

We had 20 above here today and sunshine, very very warm for Minn in Jan. Had a great ride and seen new country, I headed North towards Donna Wilsons Canada but after a few miles I just ran out of steam and Curly boy said lets go back to the USA Eh!!!!
 Grandson no 14 asked for a ride and he was very excited to go, we had a great time. I finally have one grandchild boy that is interested in the horses, we have one your grandaughter doing barrel races on one of our mares. Star Song out of Texas..
;
This is the narrow trail we were on today and through the woods, an old Deer trail, I was told there was a moose out back but we couldn't find it the neighbor has pictures but we didn't even find tracks. I had a great ride today and the chaps kept the wind off my legs and kept the brush off also. Was a great day for a great ride, did see one grouse but that was all. I forgot to wear my leather fringe jacket, dagnabit.

3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC HAROLD!! 14 grandchildren!? wow, you are so blessed. What great weather you are having..can't believe it's January! I rode Reese today and it was like a snow globe out. Glad to spend the day riding with you Harold! Cheers to many more in 2012! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curly boy is so amazing too..carrying you both so safely. You all look fabulous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed with both Curly Boy for his generous spirit in giving a pony ride, and for you for getting out there and experiencing Canada in the saddle. How come Donna wasn't there to meet you on the trail? We have a little bit of snow on the ground, but not a lot. Just enough to be a bit slippery, but luckily not enough to hide flat patches which indicate ice.

    ReplyDelete